- Regions: JPN
- Standalone release, distributed by Sammy Corporation
- Rarity: Rare
- Release date:
- JPN: November 27th 2003
- Retail price (standalone):
- JPN: 6,800¥
- Two black wires, the off-white plug for controls and the black plug for the keyboard.
- Internals variations: Keyboard T2
Off-white top shell and black bottom shell, with two matching plugs and an engraved “Sammy” logo. It comes with a full alphanumeric keyboard.
- This controller was distributed by Sammy Corporation, so it is not first party. However, the internals were made by Mitsumi, the same provider for the official GameCube controller hardware, and it comes with a full set of OEM buttons.
- I’m not sure of the link between ASCII Corporation and Sammy Corporation, and I have no idea why the distribution of this product was moved to a different company after the first one.
- This is a very high quality controller, on par with the official.
- It was made for the release of Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution.
- You need to use two ports on the GameCube console to use its full functionality.
- Unlike its ASCII counterpart, the Sammy keyboard controller wasn’t advertised on Nintendo’s website.
- The controller was made in Malaysia, see the stamp on the back.
- It came with a free pack of Phantasy Star Online themed cards and 2,000¥ worth of in game currency.